CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
Box Set Hatful of Hollow Meat Is Murder The Queen Is Dead Louder Than Bombs Strangeways Here We Come

 

Friday, January 3, 2020

My First A Cappella Recording, 2004



The beginning of the Smiths Project was a bit bumpy. Since I thought of it as a personal project that nobody would care about, I had planned on doing a single voice track of each song and post them throughout the year. It was just meant as a way of having me return to the music studio throughout the year and get back into doing something, *anything* with music. I had never envisioned the complicated layered vocal versions that ended up being the project. But after the third single-voice track was posted, someone mentioned it on morrissey-solo.com and suddenly, people were listening and they weren't impressed. Fair enough. I decided, if people were interested, I might as well make the songs more interesting considering I knew I had it in me. I deleted the first few posts and began working on layered versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment