CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Monday, October 25, 2010

Golden Lights

Free until it runs out of downloads

There are varying opinions on The Smiths version of Golden Lights and it seems most people think it's too happy? I decided to do this one in a much darker tone, more in keeping with the lyrics... and very far from both the original and the Smiths versions. Simon Goddard said the world would forgive me if I skipped it, but I thought I'd give it a go. This will be the only cover-of-a-cover that I do in this project!

8 comments:

  1. Really terrific stuff! One of my favorites in the series so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can safefully say that is better than the version by The Smiths... but is that damning you with faint praise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no more covers of covers? aw, you mean no what's the world? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my cover of What's the World:

    oy ya yoy ya yoy!
    yoy yoy yoy yuauauauauauauuauauauau!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon- I'm just happy you like it! I promise I won't let the praise go to my head. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought people wouldn't like this one. Shows what I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a new appreciation of this song now :)

    ReplyDelete