CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thank You to Jose Maldonado, Thomas Lennon and Simon Goddard

There are three people who have really gone out of their way to support me and I don't know how to thank them enough. Last week I sang three songs live at the Sweet and Tender Hooligans shows and if you are wondering why I picked these particular songs, it was partly because their chord structures worked well for live-looping. Most importantly, the songs were my way of saying thank you to these three wonderful guys.

Handsome Devil for Jose Maldonado by blackpiano

For Thomas Lennon:

For Simon Goddard:

5 comments:

  1. Even better without the audience rhubarb!

    Thank you, again, Janice - but don't dawdle. It's June and you've still Meat Is Murder to finish. Grab that microphone and get moo-ing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on it! Don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first I have heard of your work and I love it! Cheers to "slicing up eyeballs". Your voice is lovely and like you "the Smiths and (for me)the Cure were the bands that got me through my "formative" years! Can't wait for "These things take time" and "That Joke isn't funny anymore"!

    Good on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trey, you're in luck! These Things Take Time is in the downloads section and That Joke is hitting the blog next.

    You would have loved the Sweet and Tender Hooligans show a few weeks back in LA- they had The Curse opening for them. The Smiths and The Cure meant so much to me as well, so hearing both of those bands covered live by awesome cover bands was like a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is so cool! what a way to say thanks!

    i saw you at the unhappy birthday sweet and tender hooligans show in hollywood, i and loved it. you should come out next month and perform again!! <3

    ReplyDelete