CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Want The One I Can't Have

Ok, Simon Goddard may have a point when he said, "Grab that microphone and get moo-ing!" After all, it's already June and I'm more than 10 songs from the half way point. So! The new goal is two songs per week to help me get caught up.

I have many songs nearly done or just waiting to be mixed down. Waiting patiently. I don't know if you realize this but these songs are taking me an average of 20 hours each to complete. My recording time is spread out over any available moment that I am not commuting 3-4 hours a day, working 9 hours a day, parenting a toddler, making dinner, grocery shopping, entertaining family, sleeping, etc... You know, all those pesky things.

I have essentially given myself a part-time job's worth of a task. Without pay! What on earth was I thinking! I was thinking that I was sick of not having music in my life. I was mad at myself for giving up on my dreams. I was tired of feeling like my best days were all memories. What will I be thinking at midnight tonight when I'm editing my music? I'll be thinking that I'm tired as hell- and this is the BEST THING I have ever done for myself. It's been the most unexpected and amazing 6 months of my life.

Thank you to everyone for listening and supporting me. It means more than you will ever know.



P.S. Send coffee.

5 comments:

  1. Keep goin' Janice, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fyi, I cannot stop listening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me cry. Thank you for doing this project and, hopefully, inspiring others to do what they need to do to shine their souls brightly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addycat- Thank you SO MUCH for all of your comments and support!

    ReplyDelete