CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Monday, May 10, 2010

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want





Album 2: Hatful of Hollow
Track 16: Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

This is the last track on Hatful of Hollow before we move on to Meat is Murder. Two albums down! (Only 50-ish songs to go- is that all?) This is one of my favorite songs and I'm not sure what possessed me to put vocoder on it but it just seemed like the right thing to do. It seemed like it would fit nicely. You be the judge.

Ever since Jose Maldonado of The Sweet and Tender Hooligans asked me to join them at Morrissey's Unhappy Birthday concerts, I have taken a break the last few weeks to prepare for my first live performances with this music. I will be doing "live looping" which basically means I start by recording one voice, then add layer upon layer to it to create the "instrumental" for me to sing over. I have a 4 track looper which gives me the ability to be simultaneously recording, mixing, and performing. Figuring out what to sing, when, and on what track, is a lot like a 3D game of chess. I'm excited to play my arrangements for everyone and I hope to see you all there!

Morrissey's 51st Birthday weekend celebration with Sweet & Tender Hooligans

Featuring Cure tribute band The Curse, Die Die My Darling Tribute to The Misfits, and The Smiths Project.

**Please note these shows have already happened**

FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2010
Soundwave
3105 Oceanfront Walk
San Diego, CA 92109


SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2010
Key Club
9039 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069


SUNDAY, MAY 23, 2010
House of Blues Anaheim
1530 S. Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim, CA 92802


Incidentally, God, Goddess, Morrissey, Satan, Santa, or who ever else is listening- Please PLEASE please let me sing my way out of my day job some day. That is what I want. (I may be your average mom who creates databases and pulls weeds like anyone else but I can dream, can't I?)

5 comments:

  1. Incredible job. This sounds as if it could be sung in a chapel at the Church of Moz. Personally, I loved the vocoder in the arrangement. It sounded very true to the original. Bravo. You are forcing me to try and justify a trip to California next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is Facebook group called Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Morrissey and they have nominated me Choir Director. :)

    I will try to record the live stuff for those of you who are far away. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. by far my favorite song (so far). I cringed when my buddy told me about this. (Once again) I was wrong. Outstanding tribute. Hypnotic voice. So soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this song. It's such a beautiful version.

    ReplyDelete