CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jeane





B Side: Jeane
Right-click this link to download the mp3

This is one of a few Smiths songs that never made it to an album or compilation. Since the lyrics are about the realization and acceptance of a failed relationship, I wanted to give it a bittersweet quality as if the love is there, it's just all mixed up in emotions. Who knows, acknowledging a failure can lead to new beginnings... so actually, maybe this song can be seen as a positive thing?

I'm headed to LA tomorrow for the Sweet and Tender Hooligans "Unhappy Birthday" concerts and I hope to see you there. I'll put some pictures on the blog and see if anyone can take videos of my performances.

Follow my updates on twitter: @blackpiano

Plus, I am in musical cahoots with some awesome people in LA so there will be exciting surprises on this blog in the next few weeks!


Photo of Morrissey by Linder Sterling

1 comment:

  1. I just found this blog and I'm sitting here stunned, with my mouth open in shock. Why? The Smiths have been one of my most favorite bands since 1987 and two you have the most amazing voice. I'm stalking you here, on FB and Twitter. Can't wait to hear more songs!

    ReplyDelete