CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Monday, May 3, 2010

Back To The Old House



Album 2: Hatful of Hollow
Track 14: Back To The Old House

After high school, I started spending a lot of time with a guy who I'd been friends with for a long time. We became inseparable- we held each other tight. We had a really sweet and innocent, yet unspoken understanding of our affection. We watched movies all day, listened to music constantly, drove to far off places, etc. I always laughed when he tried to sing like Morrissey. At some point my brain goes fuzzy and I don't quite remember why we stopped hanging out so much. Maybe we both got jobs or something... who knows. One day I was really missing him so I went over to the apartment where he lived with his mom. Some strange woman came to the door and when I asked about him, she didn't know who he was. I walked back to my car stunned. He was gone and I never even told him how much I really liked him.


Picture of my SF apartment of 12+ years before we tore down the "extra wall" we built to make it a 3 bedroom. Next to the heart is a list of every roommate that lived with me in that apartment. Ah, San Francisco living...

No comments:

Post a Comment