CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Monday, April 19, 2010

This Night Has Opened My Eyes



Album 2: Hatful of Hollow
Track 10: This Night Has Opened My Eyes

This was a tough one to sing, lyrically speaking. I have a hard time singing about dead babies. CAN'T IMAGINE WHY. But that is the power of Morrissey's lyrics. He brings things to light that most people would shy away from and he creates an open door to ponder issues- even for a minute- that are uncomfortable yet all too real. I love that music can take control of us and make us feel or think differently. There is more power in music than most people realize.

If you haven't guessed, I'm also a big fan of Laurie Anderson. She is such an inspiration to me. Her concepts, her art, her music... she is one of the most creative women in our lifetime. Women like Lady Gaga have her to thank for really putting some innovative ideas into the music and performance art world. This song is, of course, my nod to Oh Superman.


Me in 2005 by my love swank106

4 comments:

  1. My bf and I have matching watches. He got them for us when we first started dating years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful facelift. It all keeps improving... It really is a "moving" project. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent cover! Found you through kickstarter -- can't wait for your completed work.

    ReplyDelete