CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Monday, March 22, 2010

These Things Take Time




Album 2: Hatful of Hollow
Track 3: These Things Take Time

This was my first try at adding "violins" and I think it came out pretty good! I'm finding new things I can do with my voice every day and it's really exciting to hear how the songs turn out, considering I don't normally have a thought-out game plan before starting each piece. So in a way, I'm as curious to hear how these songs are going to turn out as you probably are.

I would write more but I am seriously in the groove working on a handful of new songs as well as some other non-Smiths-Project-related collaborations which I'll be telling you more about in the near future.

Happy Monday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. awesome! keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, guys. It's nice to get feedback since I spend all of my recording time completely isolated in my own thought bubble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! While only a 50/50 Smiths fan (some stuff fantastic, some so-so ) I read about your project in the The Guardian & am very impressed, despite initially being a tad sceptical. (not a huge fan of cover versions unless reworked so far away from the original as to have it's own identity or stripped down to very bare essentials - which you do superbly.) You pull this off with aplomb, kudos & good luck! A.W.

    ReplyDelete