CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Handsome Devil



Album 2: Hatful of Hollow
Track 6: Handsome Devil

I remember when I first heard this song it seemed so scandalous. To sing the lyrics out loud was to risk dieing of shame and embarrassment! Of course, it might also have something to do with being the sheltered daughter of a Baptist minister. The closes thing to secular music that I heard at home was Al Green, Dave Brubeck and Joan Baez. I eventually got over all that silly embarrassment nonsense as I made my way through high school. In true "rebellious pastor's kid" style, I began to dress like Edward Scissorhands every Sunday to play praise choruses in front of the entire congregation- with the sincere hope of causing heart attacks and/or oxygen tank malfunctions. Ah, the good ol' days. Here's hoping I don't shelter my kid too much.


photo of my son by my loving boyfriend (swank106)

No comments:

Post a Comment