CLICK ON AN ALBUM TO LISTEN OR BUY:
smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project smiths project

 

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Miserable Lie (Take 2)

This is more of a departure from the original song and I'm pleased with how it turned out. First off, let me just say this: I am not a beatboxer nor have I ever played one on TV, ok Rahzel? I find that adding drums really gives me more options to take the music in different directions so this probably won't be the last you hear of them. I have 70-ish songs to go so it's time to start getting creative!

Also, my version is a bit darker than the original. I wanted it to have some anger and despair to match the lyrics so I said to myself, WWMGD?* Oh! and extra credit points to the first person who can name the Depeche Mode song I borrowed a melody from.




* What Would Martin Gore Do

8 comments:

  1. Depeche Mode = 'I want you know" ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...'I want you NOW' ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good guess, but not quite! It's about 4 years before that song...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it 'Pipeline'???
    Don't make me go thru the entire Construction Time Again album! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Ding ding ding* We have a winner!

    Extra credit points for Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! thank you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge huge Smiths fan, and I normally HATE the thought of people covering them. But you've done some absolutely amazing covers- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete